Some of our sponsors…
How can you help support us?
- Donate for a cause and help us raise funds to support our summer music camp and other music education, enrichment programs, string music performances and mentorships throughout the year.
- Sponsor our events and receive advertising benefits. Let us know you are interested and we can make suggestions or let us know how you would like to sponsor us.
- Donate special articles for silent auctioning or other special fund raising events. Ask us for details.
- Sign up to be a volunteer and help us with summer camp, or other suggested activities throughout the year. Let us know your talents or interests and we’ll help match your efforts with our current needs. We always need volunteers and helping us is a good way to serve our communities.
- Help us campaign and spread the word to reach potential students that could benefit from music education and enrichment programs such as Prelude Chamber Music Camp.
- Ask your company to match your donation. We can provide you with any forms or details you may need.
- Sponsor or ask your company to sponsor a benefit concert or a key event to help raise funds for our special projects.
- Get involved and ask to advertise your music business or related programs with us. There are ample opportunities available to advertise with us. Let us know of your interests and we can help create or place an ad on our website, programs, t-shirts or other communications throughout the year. Fill out a Volunteer form here on our website, send us an email or give us a call.
How should you reach us? Email us, call us or send us a letter. Contact Us
How do we accept monetary donations? You can make your contributions online via our PayPal link, mail us a check or hand deliver your contribution. PayPal is a secure way to process your credit card transaction. Make checks payable to Prelude Chamber Music, Inc.
How do I learn more about your organization and what you do? Check out our About Us, Look & Listen, Music Camp and Events Calendar sections of the website to learn more. We would love to talk with you by phone or meet with you after one of our performances.
Prelude Chamber Music, Inc. is a 501C3 not-for-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Dear Yinzi and Vega Quartet, We are very grateful to you all for participating in Prelude with such care for our students and for your stunning performance. We loved having you here. I know this was something our students will remember their whole lives. Thanks again, Chris and all the Prelude...read more
Often, we focus so much on playing our instruments well or learning a new technique that we forget to have fun and embody what we mean, to tell the story we meant to tell. At Prelude Chamber Music, we teach that emotions and expression are a really important facet of music appreciation and performance. For our younger kids in 2015, we added a new enrichment program for the late afternoon hours providing more exploratory ways to grow expressively through music and visual story-telling. What started out as a way to help our families that needed...read more
“My son attended Prelude Intensive track this year. He seemed to enjoy the program this year even more than last year.” –...read more
“This being our first year, we were excited about being a part of the camp. The chamber group was great, and my kids said that it was a good learning experience.” –...read more
“My children, ages 15 and 12, have attended Prelude Chamber Music Camp every year they were age-eligible. Initially, the greatest benefits were to work with and get to know our fine Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra musicians and to meet peer string players from a larger area than our youth symphony attracts. Then there was the obvious – the rare opportunity to play in small ensembles. The exposure to the rich string quartet literature and the specialized skills gained from performing chamber music have enhanced my children’s musicianship...read more
Let us know what you think about Prelude Chamber Music Camp & Festival 2013-2015 . Write a comment to us and we’ll review it and share it. Thank...read more
“My son has gone to Prelude Chamber Music Camp every summer since he was 8 years old. He is now 14. It has always been a wonderful experience for him. He has made lasting friendships and recieved excellent instruction. He looks forward to attending prelude every summer,” Mom, Thrift (January...read more
“We’ve been fans of Prelude Chamber Music Camp for 6 years! The camp has been a staple of our summer activities. They have something for everyone, from my 7 year-old beginning violinist to my 14 year-old advanced violist. Beginners grow beautifully as musicians in a supportive and encouraging environment while advanced players enjoy challenging repertoire and are expertly guided by some of the best professionals in the area. There’s plenty of time for friends and fun with enriching elective activities such as guitar, chorus, and...read more
“Theory and composition are an important part of the camp. All musicians need to know theory and Prelude offers all levels of theory from the fundamentals to advanced. When they have reached this level they can move on up to the composition class taught by Dr. Peter MacDonald. He is an innovative teacher and has helped students to go beyond their regular ways of thinking about music and composition. He uses all styles of music and encourages personal expression within given parameters. It is very fulfilling to hear your original...read more
“The Prelude Chamber Music camp was an important part of my musical upbringing. It introduced me and many other young students to the wonderful world of summer music festivals. Summer music festivals are some of the most interesting and exciting times in an advanced musician’s life. They offer the musician a chance to meet and make music with new friends and to receive intense instruction from many different master musicians. They bring an international cast of students and faculty together to play in orchestras and perform chamber music...read more