- This event has passed.
String Ensemble Composition Contest – Winning Concerts
July 23 @ 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
And the winners are… . . . You’ll have to wait to find out!
Winners of the String Ensemble Composition Contest will be announced and three winning pieces will be performed by professional musicians: Piotr Szewczyk (violin), Stephanie Lindsay (violin), Ellen Olson (viola) and Linda Minke (cello).
String Ensemble Composition Contesthosted by Prelude Chamber Music, Inc., and Friday Musicale, sponsored by Sharon Scholl for summer 2021
- The competition was open to everyone under 25 years of age to submit an original composition for the contest.
- Guidelines included composing a one-movement piece of music of approximately four minutes duration, scored for string trio or quartet.
- Deadline for submissions: June 25, 2021
- The composition does not have to be created specifically for this event. You may enter a piece already in your portfolio.
- Submit a live or synthesized recording along with a digital score and parts. If you need assistance, please reach out to us.
- Competitions will be adjudicated by professional composers and performers.
- The three most outstanding scores will be performed in public program by professional string muscians as part of the Prelude Chamber Music Camp from July 18 -23, 2021, at Friday Musicale.
- Winners are highly encouraged to attend the performance on July 23rd, and possibly be a part of the performing ensemble.
- All applicants will be notified by email regarding the outcome of the contest.
- First Place: $1,000
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $250